no DB handles ,How to solve this ?

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 23:48:17 CET 2006

On 12/21/06, 梁增辉 <liangzh at centnet.com.cn> wrote:
>         hi all
hi,

>     I've seen many of these messages in the radius.log
>         (I am using freeradius 1.1.1 mysql version :5.1.11)
>                 There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0
>                 There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0
>                 There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0, tried to connect 0
>
> What does it mean ? How to solve this ?

It means that the number of DB connections that you defined in your
sql.conf is too low for the number of packets your radius processes.

For example we have set up:
        # number of sql connections to make to server
        num_sql_socks = 100

To accomodate for our needs.
Just remember that when you get a lot of customers auth at the same
time (due to for example nas/lac reboot) you get flooded with requests
and then the messages like the ones above might show up in the log.

regards
pshemko