radius+mysql weird problem

Jorge Minassian - Comintec jorge at comintec.net
Sat Dec 23 02:46:06 CET 2006

---- Original Message -----
From: "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: radius+mysql weird problem

> Jorge Minassian - Comintec wrote:
>> Hello all !,
>>
>> After upgrading Fedora from FC2 to FC4, I got what is described below
>> from log (radiusd -X)
>> If I query database manually, I get all info about users (all users are
>> correctly on DB), but radius still says "No matching entry in the
>> database ...".
>
>  What is returned when you query the DB manually?  The contents of the
> fields (operators, etc.) matter.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

Alan,

----
mysql> SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username =
'000' ORDER BY id;
+------+----------+-----------+-------+----+
| id   | UserName | Attribute | Value | op |
+------+----------+-----------+-------+----+
| 1590 | 000      | Password  | 1234  | == |
+------+----------+-----------+-------+----+

op tried as  "==" and ":=", same results.
Value as "Password" or "User-Password", same resutls.

----
mysql> SELECT
radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
    -> FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '000' AND
    -> usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY
radgroupcheck.id;
+----+-----------+------------------+--------+------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute        | Value  | op   |
+----+-----------+------------------+--------+------+
|  1 | normal    | Simultaneous-Use | 1      | ==   |
|  5 | normal    | Huntgroup-Name   | normal | ==   |
+----+-----------+------------------+--------+------+

----
mysql> SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username =
'000' ORDER BY id;
Empty set (0.02 sec)

----
mysql> SELECT
radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op
FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '000' AND
usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id
    -> ;
+----+-----------+--------------------+---------------------+------+
| id | GroupName | Attribute          | Value               | op   |
|  3 | normal    | Framed-Protocol    | PPP                 | ==   |
|  4 | normal    | Framed-Compression | Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP | ==   |
|  5 | normal    | Framed-IP-Address  | 255.255.255.254     | ==   |
|  6 | normal    | Service-Type       | Framed-User         | ==   |
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Remember please, before upgrading same tables was working fine ...

Thank you,
Jorge.