Can't compile modules rlm_eap_peap and rlm_eap_tls

adreas Polyxronopoulos apolyxrono at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 21:22:33 CET 2006

Hi everybody ,

I am trying to set up freeradius-1.1.3 and to support PEAP/MSCHAPV2 i need to compile 2 modules which aren't build with ./configure ,make , make install. These modules are rlm_eap_peap and rlm_eap_tls in
       /usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.3/src/modules/rlm_eap/types/ directory. Then i do :

root at apolyxrono2:/usr/local/src/freeradius-1.1.3/src/modules/rlm_eap/types/rlm_eap_peap# ./configure

and the output is:

checking for OpenSSL support... no
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_peap.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_peap requires: OpenSSL.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

I have installed libssl0.9.8 , libssl-dev and openssl .

Can anyone help me because i don't have a lot of time !!!

thanks

Adreas Polyxronopoulos

 http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com