FreeRadius overview

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu Dec 28 21:13:08 CET 2006

David Covert wrote:
> Ok, I almost get it...  question:
>
> The mssql.conf file has an entry like this:
>
> #Database table configutation
> radius_db = "radius"
>
> I assume that "radius" refers to a pre-determined schema that freeRadius

That is not a schema, that is the database name.  As in:

SELECT * FROM radius.radcheck WHERE UserName='user at domain.com'

in the MySQL world.

As for Platy, no.  You really should use the radius schema.  It will
save you a lot of grief down the road.  Create a new set of tables and
have platy make mods to both its main tables and the radius ones at the
same time.  We have that exact setup.

If you have a *very* simple radcheck setup (no usergroups, time limits,
etc....basically just the password), then you may be able to get away
with modding the query to only pull the username and password from the
Platy table.  Something like:

SELECT id,username,"Password",password,"==" from customers where
username="blah"

So you are "hardcoding" the attribute and operator into the query.  But
as I said, you really should use a separate set of tables.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator