FreeRadius - setting up

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 09:50:30 CET 2006

Hi,

> Hi, I am trying to build the FreeRadius under Fedora
> Core 4, I found many info on how to buil FreeRadius on
> the Internet, which includes freeradius.org, and I
> tried several times and different info from websites
> but still without luck.

what exactly is the problem? do you need to build it rather
than just use the rebuilt FC4 RPM packaged version?
to build it yourself, its pretty much that normal
tar -xzvf freeradius-x.x.x.tar.gz
cd freeradius-directory-just-created
./configure --with-options-you-need-or-dont-need
make
make install

if it fails at the ./configure stage then you need to read
the verbose output to see why it failed - which is normally
due to a myriad of package-devel RPMs that havent been installed
yet because you've never needed them before.

alan