NAS online/offline?

Ezequiel O. Block ezequielb at pilar-ciudad.com.ar
Tue Feb 7 18:19:13 CET 2006

nikwan (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> Hypothetically situation:
> You have users logged into a NAS. the NAS goes down without warning
> (power failure...) Users who where logged in now have sessions which are
> not complete (acctstoptime is set to NULL). In my case Simultaneous
> logins is disabled and need to be so. Therefore once the NAS is brought
> back up. the users cant log back in, as radius will not authorize the
> users as they are apparently logged in.
> My question is... How do i set the accstoptime to the time when the NAS
> goes down. Is there a way to see when a NAS dies....
> Any input will be greatly appreciated
> Sent from the FreeRadius - User
> <http://www.nabble.com/FreeRadius---User-f1104.html> forum at Nabble.com.

Hi,
I Had the same issue, search the list for "how to deal with this" as
subject and you will get the full thread, in a nutshell an option that
may help you is that your NAS should use Acounting On/Off packets in
order to let FR know that all those sessions went down. I think this
should be ok in case you have a single NAS.

Regards,
Ezequiel.

--
Ezequiel O. Block
Cooperativa La Lonja, Servicios de Internet.
E ezequielb at pilar-ciudad.com.ar