Radius client

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 20:42:52 CET 2006

Hi,

> server. I think I can trigger this by writing shell
> script when the packet access_accept received. (am i
> right?)

you can do. if the reply conatins whatever string you want...

> Second question :
> How do I learn to use the command line to run client?

man radclient

at the bottom of that man page is a trivial example much
like what you are testing with

> # echo "User-Name = Maria, User-Password = testing" |
> radclient 10.1.0.76 auth testing123
>
> How do I find other command to start and stop
> accounting?
> I think I can use the same command like above just
> change the auth become acct.
> But the problem is how do i tell the server that I
> want to stop the acct session?

attribute types help here. I would recommend reading some detailed
material on RADIUS. there are many online resources and FreeRADIUS
itself has plentiful documentation

> Sending Access-Accept of id 131 to 10.1.0.15:32768
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP
>         Session-Timeout = 600
>         Login-Service = Telnet
>         Idle-Timeout = 360
>
> But why the session-TImeout is not working?

I would guess because you arent dealing with, for example, a NAS
or checking the RADIUS status before denying/allowing actions.

> How do I see if the time already passed, the client
> will be disconnected from server?

ideally you run a full AAA piece of software or control box. without
a lot of external wrappers, radclient isnt the all-singing NAS tool
that I believe you think it is. the man page also explains what radclient
is.

alan