802.1x EAP-PEAP log parsing

gARetH baBB hick.freeradius at gink.org
Tue Feb 14 13:05:29 CET 2006

Couldn't find any references to this exact problem, so apologises if it
actually has been talked about before.

I'm trying to parse the auth-detail log files for 802.1x EAP-PEAP and
trying to consolidate the inner authentication (from 127.0.0.1) with the
outer authentication (from the real NAS), so I can generate log reports
which include the real (inner) user name and real (outer) IP etc. etc.

There is no obvious way of doing this, apart from the not-that-ideal
method of time stamp matching.

Is there something which can be derived from State or EAP-Message to match
authentications up ?

Is there another method ?