Allowing Access based on Group Membership

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Feb 15 19:15:20 CET 2006

"Jay Lee" <jlee at pbu.edu> wrote:
> My last task is to allow Wireless authentication only to
> members of a given LDAP Group.

  ... i.e. to reject wireless for everyone else.

> If I empty out /etc/raddb/users completely, authentication works.  If I
> put the following in users:
>
> DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "Wireless", Auth-Type := Accept

  Then people in the wireless group don't have their passwords checked.

> DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject

  And everyone else gets rejected.

> However, the wireless client never quite seems to finish associating.  Any
> ideas what I'm doing wrong here?  What should the users file look like to
> allow anyone who is a member of the Wireless LDAP group and deny everyone
> else?

DEFAULT LDAP-Group != "Wireless", Auth-Type := Reject

  That rejects everyone who isn't in wireless.  As for the wireless
people, their passwords should be checked using the normal process.
You shouldn't have to do anything special there.