Adding Ascend-Data-Filter to MySQL

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sat Feb 25 19:44:41 CET 2006

squirrel at isot.com wrote:
> The dialup_admin won't let me add it, so used PHPMyAdmin to add those
> Ascend-Data-Filter lines.  But not getting the usual attribute responses:
>
> vendor Ascend Ascend-VSA-Data-Filter=\0x01\0x01\0x01 ......
> ... etc..
>
> What am I missing?

  You're not saying which NAS you're using.  If the NAS doesn't
understand Ascend data filters, it will print them as they appear on
the wire, which is hex.  NOT text.

  It appears that your NAS doesn't understand the attribute, OR you're
using another tool to look at the RADIUS packets, and it doesn't
understand the attribute.