freeBSD and freeRADIUS with mySQL

Dusty Doris freeradius at dusty.name
Sat Feb 25 20:38:21 CET 2006

On 2/25/06, eric at gozippy.com <eric at gozippy.com> wrote:
> We've been trying to get freeradius, freebsd and mysql to all work
> together now for a week... If anyone has figured out how to do this -
> please let me know. There are literally hundreds of posts on various
> forums I found by googleing the errors and all are having the same
> issues...
>
> the ports for freeradius don't seem to install correctly, and when we
> build from lates binaries there is errors when trying to load mysql... In
> the mandrake 10.2 system I had - all I did was install mysqlxx-dev
> development extensions, and all was good... I can't find any support for
> freebsd.
>
> -grateful for any links or how-to's...
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

I've never had a problem installing freeradius w/ mysql on freebsd.
I've heard of others having issues when they install mysql with linux
threads, such as WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes on a port install.

I'd try first installing mysql 50 server from the ports collection,
without using linux threads.  I usually just do a make install clean
w/out any additional arguments.  Then install freeradius from the
ports collection.  That's always worked for me.

What version of freebsd are you using?