Adding Ascend-Data-Filter to MySQL

squirrel at isot.com squirrel at isot.com
Sun Feb 26 00:12:00 CET 2006

In Livingston-style 'users' text file, I can enter below:

  username Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "xxx"
    Service-Type = Framed-User,
    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
    Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward tcp est",
    Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward dstip a.b.c.0/20",
    Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward tcp dstport = 25",
    Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward",
    Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP

The above works.  Testing with NTRadPing utility, I do get successful
login with the attributes.  Attribute dump gives me the hex numbers such
as Ascend-VSA-Data-Filter=\0x01\0x01\0x01 ....

But when I add the same Ascend-Data-Filter information above into mysql
database file (radgroupcheck table), although authenticates fine, I don't
get "Ascend-VSA-Data-Filter=\0x01\0x01\0x01 ...." in attribute dump.
Below is what is added to the table:

GroupName  Attribute           op   Value
Dialup     Auth-Type           :=   LOCAL
Dialup     Service-Type         =   Framed-User
Dialup     Framed-Protocol      =   PPP
Dialup     Framed-Compression   =   Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
Dialup     Ascend-Data-Filter  +=   "ip in forward tcp est"
Dialup     Ascend-Data-Filter  +=   "ip in forward dstip a.b.c.0/20"
Dialup     Ascend-Data-Filter  +=   "ip in forward tcp dstport = 25"