type of lvalue in VALUE_PAIR

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Feb 27 23:16:40 CET 2006

"Seferovic Edvin" <edvin.seferovic at kolp.at> wrote:
> Okay - but I suppose I will have to patch my NAS ( Poptop server ) to use
> Acct-Input-GigaWords and Output- instead of Octets. Still if I patch my NAS
> to send GigaWords.. when I use sqlcounter to count the MBs I will still not
> be able to compare the check-name which is written into uint32 variable.
> Shouldn't this be patched too ( I am not a professional programmer - so
> excuse my "silly" question ).

  Yes, but that doesn't have much to do with RADIUS attributes.

  If your NAS doesn't send the Gigawords attributes, then why are you
worried about people using more than 4G of traffic?  Your NAS will
never tell the server that the user had more than 4G of traffic.

> Poptop server accepts Session-Octets-Limit for the traffic limit ( actually
> it is ppp that is doing the limiting ). So Ive added this attribute to my
> dictionary. PPP also needs Octets-Direction so it can know which traffic
> flow to count. Ive added both attributes and it is working ( for 2^32 ).

  Ah, Ok.

> Can you give me some directives how to implement this. Maybe to extend the
> config of sqlcounter and value_pair struct?

  I don't see how that will help if your NAS doesn't send the Gigaword
attributes.

  If it does send them, then yes, you'll have to update the sqlcounter
module to handle 64-bit numbers.  But you don't need to update any of
the valuepair structures.