Linksys and Dlink access Point does not authenticate to FreeRadius 1.1.0 server

Michael Calizo mike.calizo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:51:29 CET 2006

Hi, I have a Dlink DI-824VUP+ wireless VPN router, Freeradius 1.1.0 server.
My free radius is working, I can authenticate using radtest on both
localhost and remote host. But when i try to use my Dlink access point to
authenticate on freeradius nothing happened.

My Dlink config looks like this:

Network ID: myWIFI
Chanel: 6
Security: WAP
*802.1X Settings
*
Radius Server: 192.168.1.12
Radius Port: 1812
Shared Key: test123

When I issue radiusd -x nothing is happening using Dlink. But when I use
radtest it authenticates.

Thnx alot..

--
Mike Calizo