authorize and authenticate methods ina custom module

Susana Macias susana_macias12 at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 3 08:58:54 CET 2006

Hy all,

  I have started working with the RADIUS protocol (and with FreeRadius in particular) three weeks ago. Congratulations for the product, it is really powerful!

  Now I want to develop a custom module. I have been reading some documents (module_interface, configurable_failover, the rlm_example skeleton...) but I have a pair of doubts.
  When a module is loaded, its init() method is called. After the init() method, the instantiate() method is called. The detcah() method is called when the server is being shut down, and afterwards  the destroy() method.
  But, when are the authorize() and authenticate() methods called?
  Is it necessary to include in the radiusd.conf the name of the instance (of the new module created) in the authorize section in order to call its authorize() method?

  Sorry if these questions are already answered or are stupid, but I am doing my best to understand FreeRadius

  Best regards,
  Susana

  Pd: sorry if my english is not enough good. I will try to explain me better if you request me :-)

Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí
http://correo.yahoo.es