Dialupadmin and FreeRADIUS communication issues

radius at smartfoxsoftware.com radius at smartfoxsoftware.com
Wed Jan 4 20:20:30 CET 2006

Hello,

I've installed Ubuntu Linux 5.10 on a machine.  I compiled the latest version of OpenSSL and FreeRADIUS and installed Apache on the machine via the XAMPP package (which has PHP5, MySQL).  Everything seemed to be going good but whenever I configured Dialupadmin to begin inputting users into FreeRADIUS, Dialupadmin complains about not being able to find the table 'radius.userinfo'.  I've tried installing the schema found in the FreeRADIUS package and tried the one in the Dialupadmin package and neither seem to work.  Is this a Dialupadmin error or FreeRADIUS error?  I've tried looking on the net concerning this error but have not seen anything regarding it.  I'm not very proficient in MySQL but I've been using phpmyadmin to view the radius table.

If anyone has any solutions to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm looking to setup a Free WISP in my area and this would have me ready to go.  Should I use a different setup?  Should I try and use source for everything?  I had bad luck installing the needed software from the packages provided by the Ubuntu repositories.