Dialupadmin and FreeRADIUS communication issues

Rich Marriner richard at maingear.net
Wed Jan 4 20:39:30 CET 2006

Dialup_admin requires additional tables in the mysql database that
FreeRADIUS alone does not require.  This is stated in the HOWTO under
./dialup_admin/doc

HOWTO EXCERPT
------------------------
At dialup_admin/sql there are four files containg the SQL command to create
the required tables. This is done as follows:

shell> mysql -h mysql.host.com -u username -p radius < badusers.sql
shell> mysql -h mysql.host.com -u username -p radius < mtotacct.sql
shell> mysql -h mysql.host.com -u username -p radius < totacct.sql
shell> mysql -h mysql.host.com -u username -p radius < userinfo.sql
------------------------
END HOWTO EXCERPT

The error you are recieving is stating that it cannot find the
"userinfo" table in the database "radius".  By changing directories to
./dialup_admin/sql and running the four lines above you should be able
to cure this problem and get it working.

Good Luck!
Richard

radius at smartfoxsoftware.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Ubuntu Linux 5.10 on a machine.  I compiled the latest
> version of OpenSSL and FreeRADIUS and installed Apache on the machine
> via the XAMPP package (which has PHP5, MySQL).  Everything seemed to be
> going good but whenever I configured Dialupadmin to begin inputting
> users into FreeRADIUS, Dialupadmin complains about not being able to
> find the table 'radius.userinfo'.  I've tried installing the schema
> found in the FreeRADIUS package and tried the one in the Dialupadmin
> package and neither seem to work.  Is this a Dialupadmin error or
> FreeRADIUS error?  I've tried looking on the net concerning this error
> but have not seen anything regarding it.  I'm not very proficient in
> MySQL but I've been using phpmyadmin to view the radius table.
>
> If anyone has any solutions to this problem, it would be greatly
> appreciated.  I'm looking to setup a Free WISP in my area and this would
> have me ready to go.  Should I use a different setup?  Should I try and
> use source for everything?  I had bad luck installing the needed
> software from the packages provided by the Ubuntu repositories.

Richard Marriner II                Maingear.Net
Sr. Network Consultant          I.T. Consulting
richard at maingear.net           www.maingear.net