MS LDAP connect OK users not found

Dickson, John JDickson2 at mccneb.edu
Fri Jan 6 20:22:15 CET 2006

I have made great progress but still need assistance with the individual
authentication being passed to the MS ldap. Using ldapsearch I have
access to all the records. Using  "ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--domain=xxxx1 --username=radtest" works as well. What I see is that
"rlm_realm" finds no realm and is not able to pass authentication.

Why is the "NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255"?
Is it that my request from the localhost " radtest radtest userpass
xxxx1.xxxx2.edu 0  testing123" has syntax errors?

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.1.1.27:32800, id=87,
length=77
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 31 seconds...
Thread 3 got semaphore
Thread 3 handling request 7, (2 handled so far)
        User-Name = "radtest at xxxx1.xxxx2.edu"
        User-Password = "userpass"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 7
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 7
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 7
    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "xxxx1.xxxx2.edu" for User-Name =
"radtest at xxxx1.xxxx2.edu"
    rlm_realm: No such realm "xxxx1.xxxx2.edu"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 7
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 7
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 152
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 7
rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for radtest at xxxx1.xxxx2.edu
radius_xlat:  '(uid=radtest at xxxx1.xxxx2.edu)'
radius_xlat:  'ou=Users,dc=xxxx1,dc=xxxx2,dc=edu'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=Metro Users,dc=xxxx1,dc=xxxx2,dc=edu,
with filter (uid=radtest at xxxx1.xxxx2.edu)
rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result
rlm_ldap: search failed
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "ldap" returns notfound for request 7
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 7
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 7
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 7
modcall: group authenticate returns notfound for request 7
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 7 for 1 seconds
Finished request 7
Going to the next request
Thread 3 waiting to be assigned a request
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.1.1.27:32800, id=87,
length=77
Sending Access-Reject of id 87 to 10.1.1.27:32800
--- Walking the entire request list ---