Freeradius 1.1.0 & Mysql 5.x

Chadwick Sorrell mirotrem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:23:08 CET 2006

Hello,

I am trying to get freeradius 1.1.0 up with mysql 5.0 and it is giving me
trouble.

radiusd -X shows that the sql connection is established but radiusd doesn't
limit the connections based on num_sql_socks and it continues to connect
until my mysql hits its max connections.  At that point it begins this...

rlm_sql ((null)): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #299
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #299
rlm_sql ((null)): Connected new DB handle, #299
rlm_sql ((null)): starting 300
rlm_sql ((null)): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #300
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #300
rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server radiusd at localhost
:radius
rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Too many connections'
rlm_sql ((null)): Failed to connect DB handle #300
rlm_sql ((null)): starting 301
rlm_sql ((null)): starting 302
rlm_sql ((null)): starting 303
rlm_sql ((null)): starting 304