What is this "group authentication"?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Mon Jan 9 22:52:25 CET 2006

Gary Algier <gaa at ulticom.com> wrote:
> Problem solved.  Here was what I finally googled on:
>      rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.

  That's just an informative message, and isn't the cause of the problem.

> I could not find any mention of "eap-tlv" in any config files
> or doc files, but in the mailing list someone else had this problem
> and the answer to them was to configure "mschap".  I had it configured,
> but apparently not correctly.

  While the debug log you posted to the list was large, this
information *was* in there.  The MSCHAP module said authentication
failed, and suggested a possible way to fix it.

> and it worked.  Perhaps it was the "with_ntdomain_hack".

  Which is what the mschap module suggested in the debug log.

  I understand the debug log is large and complicated, but the answers
*are* in there most of the time.  All it takes is patience to read
5-10 pages of gobbley-gook.