Freeradius 1.1.0 & Mysql 5.x

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Tue Jan 10 11:52:10 CET 2006

Chadwick Sorrell wrote:

> On 1/9/06, Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> > It looks like a local setup issue: you should double-check if the
> > version of the libmysqlclient binaries matches the version of the
> > libmysqlclient headers on your system.
>
> PHP is accessing Mysql fine, well more to the point, PHP was compiled
> with Mysql 5 headers fine.  I am using Gentoo.  What else can I check?

I'd suggest to check whether *FreeRADIUS* was compiled with Mysql 5
headers. Also check if you have several versions of the libmysqlclient
installed simultaneously: perhaps the linker picks up the wrong version.

See the output of the command:
$ ldd /usr/lib/freeradius/rlm_sql_mysql.so

--
Nicolas Baradakis