possible ascend data filter problems

Chuck chuck at pathworx.com
Wed Jan 11 00:54:52 CET 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 06:41 pm, Alan DeKok wrote:

version 1.0.5

i may have messed up with the configuration or dictionaries i don't know. the
ascend dictionary is in the directory and is included in the main dictionary.

this is a gentoo installation made by simply doing "emerge freeradius" so i
don't know what the compile options were. i suppose i can find out if that is
necessary.

> Chuck <chuck at pathworx.com> wrote:
> > i have been working with our upstream dialup provider for a week now and
he
> > has come to the conclusion that freeradius is passing the data as ascii
> > rather than abinary.
>
>   Hmm... that shouldn't happen.  Which version are you running?
>
> > That too did not change anything. In my testing If I just plug the ascend
> > attributes in my users file as follows
> >        Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward tcp est",
> >        Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward dstip 64.113.34.0/24",
> >        Ascend-data-filter += "ip in drop tcp srcport = 80",
> >        Ascend-data-filter += "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",
> >        Ascend-data-filter += "ip in forward",
> > And they translate to Abinary fine. This leads me to believe it has to
> > do with the way sql is passing it to you radius server.
>
>   I don't see why.  The "users" file reads ascii strings, and they get
> packed as abinary stuff.  The SQL module should be doing exactly the
> same thing.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Chuck

"Windows?? You mean the thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a
sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a
four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't
stand one bit of competition? Oh, that..." -- Lee Clarke