rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.

gerardma at planet.nl gerardma at planet.nl
Wed Jan 18 18:59:15 CET 2006

Hi All,

I have solved the certificate problem.

The sites below have been very helpfull.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/8095/print
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/8151/print

But right now I have an other problem.

I am using FreeRadius with LDAP.
My LDAP source is novell Edirectory.

The primary login of the windows client is a Microsoft 2003 domain.
When I select "Automatically use my Windows Logon name and password
(and domain if any)" within in the network properties, Windows tries
to login at freeradius with user at domain. I have configured FreeRadius
to strip the domain name away, what is working as well. But on the end
I receive this error:

rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.

When I deselect: "Automatically use my Windows Logon name and password
(and domain if any)" and login manual it is working fine!

Anyone?

Thanks guys,