Performance features of FreeRadius

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Jan 20 19:12:08 CET 2006

Marta Lajas <marta_loops at yahoo.es> wrote:
> I would like to know where I can find information about the
> performance features of the FreeRadius product.

  As in how well it performs?  That depends on your system and database.

  The short answer is that FreeRADIUS will always be faster than the
database you use to store user configuration.

  And unless you have a million users, performance of the server isn't
really an issue.  FreeRADIUS can handle multiple hundreds of thousands
of users on a commodity PC without any problems.