Fallback Auth if forwarding fails

Sun Jan 22 17:35:32 CET 2006

Hi Alan,

thanks for your fast answer.

Alan DeKok wrote:

>>But for a short period of time I need to have a fallback strategy if
>>forwarding fails (remote RADIUS server is dead).
>>Is there a way to match on a different entry i.e. in the users file
>>after recognizing that the remote RADIUS server is dead?
>>

>  Not really. But you can try another RADIUS server.  See proxy.conf
>for details.

I think this is the right way.
But if I want to have a round robin by default and the alternate
configuration as fallback strategy I will have to forward once again?

RADIUS 1: forward to RADIUS 2 (default)
RADIUS 1: forward to RADIUS 3 (fallback)

RADIUS 2: forward to RADIUS 4 and RADIUS 5 (round robin default)

Or is there a way to combine round robin and fallback like the
Preference Attribute used in RFC 2868 (RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel
Protocol Support).

Thanks.