NAS-IP-address == "10.1.2.0/24" allowed?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jan 24 09:30:10 CET 2006

"Min Qiu" <mqiu at globalinternetworking.com> writes:

> I would like to restrict user login by NAS-IP-address or
> fqdn if possible.  Therefore I can restrict user to login
> a group of devices.
>
> user1  Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "sceret",
>        NAS-IP-address =="10.1.2.0/24"

Using a regexp is just as easy when you just need to restrict it on
the byte boundaries:

 user1  Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "sceret", NAS-IP-address =~ "^10\.1\.2\."

Hmm, the manual says that the regex operators may only be applied to
string attributes.  But I believe it works on IP addresses too,
doesn't it?

You might want to check out "huntgroups" in any case.  See doc/README
and the sample raddb/huntgroups file.

Bjørn