EAP-TTLS and Kerberos problem

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jan 24 18:28:00 CET 2006

Jakob Oestergaard <jakob at unthought.net> wrote again:
> If I put this in my users file, EAP-TTLS works and FreeRADIUS correctly
> sees the PAP password from the laptop:
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = EAP

  You don't need to do that.  The server will figure it out on it's own.

> If I put this in my users file, Kerberos works but FreeRADIUS does not
> get the password from the notebook

  That's backwards.  The notebook sends the password (maybe) to
FreeRADIUS.

> So, is there a way to tell FreeRADIUS to both use EAP *and* attempt
> Kerberos authentication when it actually has a password?

  Yes.  Your configuration is correct.

  Try running the server in debugging mode (as suggested in the
README, FAQ, and INSTALL) to see why it's being rejected.