R: SQL.conf new query

Carlo Prestopino c.prestopino at waitalia.com
Thu Jan 26 17:43:18 CET 2006

Please find here below a correction of the previous post in  "understandable
English" format    ;-)

Hi all,

I have installed freeRADIUS with mySQL backend.

Into sql.conf there are defined several queries, on of these is the
following:

postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass, reply,
date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',
'%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

based on the previous one, I would like to build a new query to insert
user's MAC address into radcheck table, as users log-out (accounting-stop
packet). The query is as follows:

MAC_insert_query = "INSERT into ${authcheck_table}  (UserName, Attribute,
op, Value) VALUES ('%{SQL-User-Name}', 'Calling-Station-Id', ':=',
'%{Calling-Station-Id}' where UserName != '%{SQL-User-Name}'and Attribute !=
'Calling-Station-Id' )"

>From freeRADIUS logs (debug mode) I can see that newly defined query is not
recognized by freeRADIUS: no logs in produced for MAC_insert_query.

How can I let freeRADIUS accept the new defined query?

Thank you in advance

Best regards