SV: how to set crypted password in 'users' file?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 15:10:12 CET 2006

hi,

the interesting part of the log posted is:

  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/mschapv2
  rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 22
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for tom with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 22
modcall: group Auth-Type returns reject for request 22
  rlm_eap: Freeing handler
  modcall[authenticate]: module "eap" returns reject for request 22
modcall: group authenticate returns reject for request 22
auth: Failed to validate the user.

this would suggest that you havent configured the mschapv2 part correctly
or that you havent defined a password attribute for 'tom' correctly
in your users.conf file. have you defined a Crypt-Local  eg (and I'm not
going to be 100% accurate here because I havent had a setup done this way
for a long time)

USER   Auth-Type := Crypt-Local, Password == "CRYPTEDPASSWORD"

Alan