R: R: SQL.conf new query

Carlo Prestopino c.prestopino at waitalia.com
Fri Jan 27 17:30:40 CET 2006

Thank you Alan for your reply.

As written by Paolo, we simply added a query (postauth_mac_query) to
sql.conf file that gives back user’s MAC address:

            postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass,

reply, date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',

'%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

postauth_mac_query = "INSERT into ${authcheck_table}  (UserName,

Attribute, op, Value) VALUES ('%{SQL-User-Name}'', 'Calling-Station-Id',

':=', '%{Calling-Station-Id}')"

The query was build on the model of the postauth_query one, so no problems
should arise about its syntax. In fact, if we change the content of
postauth_query with the one of post_mac_query, it works fine (MAC address is
inserted into radcheck table).

The problem is that it seems that freeRADIUS does not recognize the new
defined query (postauth_mac_query) in fact, looking at debug output, we can
see calls to all other queries but not to the new one.

So the question is: how let freeRADIUS understand when to call each single
query defined into sql.conf file?

Any advice?

Regadrs,

Carlo

I have append the query to the existing ones, but without it turns out to

you.

  postauth_mac_query = "INSERT into ${authcheck_table}  (UserName,

Attribute, op, Value) VALUES ('%{SQL-User-Name}'', 'Calling-Station-Id',

':=', '%{Calling-Station-Id}')"

            postauth_query = "INSERT into ${postauth_table} (id, user, pass,

reply, date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',

'%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

in the log of start you come only loaded the postauth_query:

sql: group_membership_query = "SELECT GroupName FROM usergroup WHERE

UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}'"

 sql: connect_failure_retry_delay = 60

 sql: simul_count_query = ""

 sql: simul_verify_query = "SELECT RadAcctId, AcctSessionId, UserName,

NASIPAddress, NASPortId, FramedIPAddress, CallingStationId, FramedProtocol

FROM radacct WHERE UserName='%{SQL-User-Name}' AND AcctStopTime = 0"

 sql: postauth_table = "radpostauth"

 sql: postauth_query = "INSERT into radpostauth (id, user, pass, reply,

date) values ('', '%{User-Name}', '%{User-Password:-Chap-Password}',

'%{reply:Packet-Type}', NOW())"

it does not appear and consequently it does not work: (

Solutions?

Regards