What firewall ports are requited for freeradius to work properly?

Frank Reiss f.reiss at impeva.com
Mon Jan 30 17:55:02 CET 2006

Hi All,

I have a Freeradius server on one system and an Apache web server on a second system. I also have a Cisco Pics Firewall installed

I need to establish communications through the pics firewall and need to know the ports that mod_auth_radius and radius need to work properly. I do have ssh and ssl setup on both systems.

I know that for FreeRadius to work you need to open up the firewall port 1812 and if you are using ssl you heed port 433 also opened. Is there any other ports that will be needed to be opened up for FreeRadius to work?

Thank you,
Frank Reiss