error: Failed dependencies: libeap-1.1.2.so is needed by freeradius-1.1.2-0.i386

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Sat Jul 1 00:44:05 CEST 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 01:49, Alberto Cruz wrote:
> Hi Kevin and everybody.
>
> I'm attaching a file with all the warnings that I got with the rpmbuild
> process.
>
> It seems there is something wrong with the "libtool"
>
> Is this a problem related to RedHAT Enterprise 4.0 or is this a problem
> with the Make files process? Could anybody help me to fix this behavior?
>
> Regards
>
> Alberto Cruz

On my CentOS 4 test box, I tried building the 1.1.2 RPM and received the same
errors I see in your output file.  I used the "--with-system-libtool"
configure option to get the RPM build to work correctly.  My system libtool
version is 1.5.6, and I've has no RPM build issues on older Fedora/CentOS
boxes with system libtool versions of 1.5.X.

According to bug#330, someone tried building on CentOS 4 and had problems
using the system libtool and GNU ld configure options, so those options were
removed.

Kevin Bonner