Throttle On Cap

Alex Abraham alex.abraham at samoatel.ws
Sat Jul 1 01:39:03 CEST 2006

Hi Alan,

>   i.e. If the NAS supports Change of Authorization attributes, you
> could give them one service to start, and then monitor the accounting
> packets.  Once they hit 200Mb, you would have to run a script on the
> server to send a CoA packet to the NAS, which *might* honor the request.
I had some else tell me that this was the only way I could do this.  General
question what are the typical type of models used overseas with ADSL.

As a workaround, do you think I could have session time set to 1hr whereby
the customer will need to log in then during the logging in process, check
their usage which will indicate if they are usage is over and then change
some attribute which controls the speed on the NAS.

I don't know freeradius enough but where could I do invoke this in
Freeradius.

I also have these attributes specific to the vendor, could you advise me how
I can incorporate this into Freeradius.

Thanks in advance

Alex