Diferent Session-Timeout depending on NAS

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Jul 3 16:08:59 CEST 2006

>   For instance, an account has Session-timeout = 600. If the account is
> used in Europe Session-timeout = 600, but it is used in Mexico
> Session-timeout = 600*2.5 = 1500.
>
>    Yes. Value is modified in execution time. Does someone know any solution
> ?

Um, sorry. After reading your post again, I think I got it. You have users
with different default timeouts, and depending on the location these defaults
may have to be stretched by a constant factor?

In that case, think do get a bit more complicated. But you can do it by adding
an instance of rlm_perl, feed a perl script with the user's default time and
the NAS's IP address, let the perl script calculate the Session-Timeout and
return that to the RADIUS server.

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg