Framed-IP-Address accounted in Hex

Graeme Hinchliffe graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 16:04:51 CEST 2006

On 4 Jul 2006, at 12:05, Graeme Hinchliffe wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I have just (as of yesterday) upgraded FreeRADIUS from 1.0.3 to
> 1.1.2 keeping all the same config files.  I am running it on a
> Debian Woody system and using Postgres 7.4.7 as the database.  This
> particular box is solely for RADACCT and only uses RADIUS as a test
> to test the state of the service/db for health checks.
>
> 	I have postgres configured to dump any SQL lines which throw up an
> error and I have seen a large number being logged failing to insert
> the Framed-IP-Address attribute, in the dumped SQL string the IP
> Address is a hex value instead of a dotted quad which fails the
> insert.  The RADACCT packets causing this are not just coming from
> one NAS either, and accounting still seems to be happening on the
> most part.
>
> any ideas?  or have i found a bug ?

Further to this, I have just noticed that this doesn't seem to just
be restricted to the IP address, but also the Session ID field.
Instead of displaying the session ID as say

0202FFFF68001A6C-44A618FF

I am seeing:

0x303230324646464636383030314136432d3434413631384646

-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)
Core Systems Designer
Zen Internet (http://www.zen.co.uk/)