multiple Auth-Type

Rohaizam Abu Bakar haizam at myjaring.net
Thu Jul 6 11:07:46 CEST 2006

I've mutiple Auth-Type and Autz-Type to use for LDAP backend

>From below setting, i'm trying NOT to set Auth-Type as suggested... So i let
Freeradius detecting Auth-Type by itself...

It only working for "OCE" line coz it's EAP type. Other line not working
unless the password is stored  in plain-text in LDAP
If all line (except OCE line) been added with Auth-Type :=LDAP/Y5/ADSL..
then it's working ..

So my big question is ..why it's recommended not to set Auth-Type??

Error in debug:

auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password does NOT match local User-Password

users:
=====
DEFAULT         NAS-Identifier == "Wireless-802.11", Autz-Type := Y5
DEFAULT         Huntgroup-Name == "adsl", Autz-Type := ADSL
DEFAULT         NAS-Identifier == "OCEPOP", Autz-Type := OCE

DEFAULT         Autz-Type := LDAP

modules{
        ldap ldapadsl {
               -- some config
                basedn = "ou=ADSL,ou=AAA,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my"
               -- some config
        }

       ldap ldapy5 {
               -- some config
                basedn = "ou=Y5,ou=AAA,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my"
               -- some config
        }

        ldap ldap1 {
               -- some config
                basedn = "ou=DIALUP,ou=AAA,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my"
               -- some config
        }
        ldap ldapOCE {
               -- some config
                basedn = "ou=OCE,ou=AAA,ou=People,dc=jaring,dc=my"
               -- some config

authorize {

        Autz-Type ADSL {
                        ldapadsl