CHAP and Windows 2003 AD LDAP

Luke freeradius at luke.bpa.nu
Thu Jul 6 16:57:01 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:

>Luke <freeradius at luke.bpa.nu> wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately I need to support CHAP because it is used by an external
>>global Dial-Up provider which the freeradius machine is authenticating for.
>>

>  If the passwords are in AD your ONLY choice is to use IAS, and even
>then, only if ALL of the passwords are stored via what they call
>"using reversible encryption".

Thanks Alan - looks like it is not possible (we do not want to use IAS
and store passwords using reversible encryption - which would also mean
resetting every user's password).

I'm going to need to talk to our global dial-up provider to see if they
can send the radius request using anything other than CHAP if possible.

Thanks again,

Luke