Radius ip pool service !!

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Jul 6 17:49:10 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I read about ip pool service in freeradius. I need to deliver ip to my
> clients postauth.
> I need to know if "ip pool" is the tool for this.....

That depends on who your clients are. If you have 802.1X secured networks, you
will need a DHCP server. 802.1X does not support passing arguments like an IP
address on the layer 2 link to the client.
If you have dialup users using PPP, then ip pools are your friend. The IP
address can then be sent in a Framed-IP-Address attribute and, given the
dialup server supports it, be transported in the PPP session to the user.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche - Ingénieur de recherche

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg