Framed-IP-Address accounted in Hex

Graeme Hinchliffe graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 11:14:22 CEST 2006

On 6 Jul 2006, at 22:20, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Graeme Hinchliffe <graeme.hinchliffe at zeninternet.co.uk> wrote:
>> What would cause FreeRADIUS to output in this manner, we have
>> summized that if it sees a none ASCII byte in the field it would
>> convert the whole field into a hex representation to stop trying to
>> write binary to the db.
>
>   No, it should print out non-ASCII bytes as octal in that case.
>
>   It will create octal attributes if it can't find the attribute in
> the dictionaries.

these are hex values, not octal, and it seems to be an intermittent
thing.

example session ID

0x464631304646464635383230333045322d3434363938363135

and the dictionaries are installed in /usr/share/freeradius where
they have been since initial install on this system.  The dictionary
includes the rfc dictionaries at the start which includes the Acct-
Session-Id attribute.

Are dictionaries loaded each time a child is started? or just once
and then kept in memory?

Graeme