Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jul 9 13:58:18 CEST 2006

Alan DeKok wrote:
> "Farhan Karim" <farhan.karim at gmail.com> wrote:
>> we are facing a continuous problems in free-radius server. It had been
>> working fine but lately now an error that it generates as we enable
>> forwarding packets from INFRANET Radius Server to FreeRadius server.
>
>   INFRANET?  What's that?

I believe it's the new and very very stupid name for a Juniper
(Funk-based?) product that checks your AV definitions are up to date
before letting you through the firewall using either 802.1x or
eap-over-udp maybe? With I believe some PEAP extensions. It's probably
XML-based. Because, you know, tunnelling XML over EAP over Radius is
clearly a good idea.

Wow. Such technology. Who could have imagined it.

Idiots...

If you want a laugh, the marketing literature reads like it was written
by someone with severe cognitive problems.

"With VPNs came all kinds of problems! But we solved that with our SSL
VPN thing. But then it turned out it wasn't solved! We've solved it
again with our even more intrusive and proprietary endpoint posture
enforcement policy access control definition gateway thing! Yes, you too
can make your PCs sit up straight, and rap them across the knuckles with
a ruler if they don't. What's that - are we making all these words and
terms up without reference to the existing corpus of the English
language? Why yes, we are."