Authenticating user with FDS

Hariharan R hariharan at lantana.tenet.res.in
Tue Jul 11 14:39:37 CEST 2006

Hi all,

  I am using FreeRADIUS1.1.1 with Fedora Directory server as a backend data
store.

  Let us consider the scenario..

  I have two servers, one is a mail server and another one is a proxy
server. Both servers are configured to use RADIUS+FDS for user
authentication. In FDS i have two organizational unit under root domain.

For Ex;
  ou=mailusers,dc=example,dc=com
  ou=proxyusers,dc=example,dc=com

  In the 'raddb/radiusd.conf' file i specified the base domain as
  (In LDAP module)

  basedn = "dc=example,dc=com"

  So whenever a client request comes to the RADIUS server it will look for
the username in FDS.

  The problem is, how the RADIUS will identify that whether the request is
comes from the 'mail server' or from the 'proxy server'. Because for
mailserver users i have to look in the "ou=mailusers,dc=example,dc=com"
and for proxy users i have to look in the "ou=proxyusers,dc=example,dc=com".

How i can change the LDAP basedn according to the request.

  Any one pls help me to solve this problem.

  If u have some other method to achieve my objective pls let me know.

---
Regards,
Hariharan.R