migrate from Cisco ACS

Rob Shepherd rob at techniumcast.com
Mon Jul 17 17:12:38 CEST 2006

Dear FreeRADIUS users,

I am a radius newbie.

Please could anybody point me at a ref for migrating from Cisco ACS server.

I'd specifically like to understand how I can get FreeRADIUS to reply to
my switches,firewalls,VPN and wireless controller with the
right/appropriate data.

for example, if, on the current ACS server, i set the host where
'radtest' lives to...

"authenticate using" -> "RADIUS (Cisco aironet)",

...I get back the correct wireless vlan info. If I then set it to
authenticate using "RADIUS (VPN 3000)", I don't get back the vlan info
but the Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15" response is present.

In addition, I'd like to determine how I can restrict access to specific
groups through specific devices.

I'll be using both ldap and mysql for user info

Thanks for any pointers

rob
--
Rob Shepherd | Computer and Network Engineer | Technium CAST | LL57 4HJ
rob at techniumcast.com | 01248 675024 | 07776 210516