Problem with secrets

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Wed Jul 19 15:41:43 CEST 2006

> Even though the secret is incorrect the authentication can be
> correct. The server returns an Access-Accept. Why? The server trusts the
> client (it's in the accepted NAS list) and performs the authentication.

I might have missed something here, sorry in advance ;-)

Since the secret is incorrect, Freeradius wont be able to correctly decrypt
the user-password. So authentication shouldn't be succesful ? (section 4.1
of http://www.freeradius.org/faq/).

Have you got any pointer to the thread you are talking about (I haven't
found it with a wuick googleing) ?

Thibault