Using mschap authentication without EAP

Giuseppina Venezia giusy.venezia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 11:51:32 CEST 2006

Hi, i'm using freeradius-1.1.2 with openldap for storing users account, for
authenticate a WI-FI LAN.
I need of a transparent authentication method since for the clients are
heterogeneous so i can't use any type of EAP* authentication because I
cannot install Xsupplicant on every Client.
Can I use mschap authentication for this and there are some specific
documentation ?,i've searched a lot but i haven't found exhaustive
documentation.
And if I cannot use mschap, are there others solution for wi-fi
authentication via LDAP?
Excuse my bad english.
Giusy Venezia