post_proxy_authorize option

Geoff Silver geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net
Tue Jul 25 16:59:42 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I noticed in the included raddb/proxy.conf file, the post_proxy_authorize
option notes that it's "deprecated and will be removed in the future".  I'm
using that feature right now, so I'd like to find out if there's a better way
to handle the authorization step, or else if this option can be left in the
code.  I *presume* the right way is to add something to post-proxy {}, but
when I tried to duplicate my authorize section, I get nothing but errors when
trying to start radiusd.  For reference, my authorize section looks like:

     authorize {
         preprocess
         auth_log
         files
     }

My authorization step can go in either the pre-proxy or post-proxy section -
the important thing is that the proxy server can handle authentication, but I
need to use the users file to do authorization.  Ideas on how to do this right
are appreciated.  Thanks.