How to handle non digest messeg if Auth-Type is set to Digest?

GlobeInPhotos biuro at globeinphotos.com
Thu Jul 27 22:07:05 CEST 2006

Hi
My Freeradius has to receive and process digest and non-digest message but
when freeradius  receives and process  nondigest message (I have only one
such message) I've got message:

ERROR: You set 'Auth-Type = Digest' for a request that did not contain any
digest attributes!
  modcall[authenticate]: module "digest" returns invalid for request 1
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 1

and I cannot return attributes in reply message.

What should I do to process this message without ERROR ?

Full log bellow:

        User-Name = "3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl"
        Service-Type = SIP-Callee-AVPs
        NAS-Port = 0
        NAS-IP-Address = 153.19.130.250
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "digest" returns noop for request 1
    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "server1.test.pl" for User-Name =
"3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl"
    rlm_realm: No such realm "server1.test.pl"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 1
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 45
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 1
radius_xlat:  '3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user -->
'3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT * FROM
test.authorize_check('SIP-Callee-AVPs','3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
)'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 2
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: SELECT * FROM
test.authorize_check('SIP-Callee-AVPs','3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
)
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: affected rows =
radius_xlat:  '--authorize_group_check_query'
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: --authorize_group_check_query
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_EMPTY_QUERY
rlm_sql_postgresql: affected rows =
radius_xlat:  'SELECT * FROM
test.authorize_reply('SIP-Callee-AVPs','3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
, '', '' )'
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: SELECT * FROM
test.authorize_reply('SIP-Callee-AVPs','3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl'
, '', '' )
SQL statement "SELECT  * FROM test.find_sip_account_info(  $1 ,  $2 ,  $3 )"
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_TUPLES_OK
rlm_sql_postgresql: affected rows =
radius_xlat:  '--authorize_group_reply_query'
rlm_sql_postgresql: query: --authorize_group_reply_query
rlm_sql_postgresql: Status: PGRES_EMPTY_QUERY
rlm_sql_postgresql: affected rows =
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 2
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 1
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 1
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Digest
auth: type "digest"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 1
ERROR: You set 'Auth-Type = Digest' for a request that did not contain any
digest attributes!
  modcall[authenticate]: module "digest" returns invalid for request 1
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 1
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [3_test001_+48580001 at server1.test.pl/<no User-Password
attribute>] (from client server1 port 0)
Sending Access-Reject of id 162 to 153.19.130.250 port 45429