freeradius configure line

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 31 05:45:11 CEST 2006

Roger Thomas <sniper at home.net.my> wrote:
> Despite several attempts, configure failed to locate my LDAP
> installation. I installed openLDAP in a non standard location:
> /etc/ldap.2.2.13 .

  That's a *very* non-standard location.  /etc is usually for
configuration files, not for programs and libraries.  I would strongly
urge you to place it elsewhere.

> I have tried freeradius configure like these:

  At least one of those should work.  If not, I would suggest it's
because of the non-standard location.

> I don't think it is a question whether I have installed LDAP
> correctly BECAUSE if I were to install LDAP libs and headers in
> /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include, then freeradius would not
> complain and everthing compiled smoothly.

  That begs the question, then, of why that's impossible for you.