ippool error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 31 23:50:46 CEST 2006

"Giuseppina Venezia" <giusy.venezia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Alan. Now, I have decommented "files", it reads "users" but give
> the same error. I'll paste the log and the "authorize" configuration of
> radius.conf:
> Ready to process requests.
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.1.96:2061, id=1, length=
> 69
> Ignoring request from unknown client 192.168.1.96:2061

  That's a problem.  Please fix that, AND post logs from ONE CLIENT
only.  Posting logs that include packets from multiple clients makes
it impossible to figure out the problem.

>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
> auth: type Local

  You're kidding, right?  If this is really what's going on, then you
spent a LOT of effort to break the default configuration.

>     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 152

  So... what's on line 152?  Go read it.

> rlm_ippool: Could not find Pool-Name attribute.

  Probably because the entry setting the Pool-Name isn't on line 152.

  Honestly, you're going through enormous amounts of effort to get
this working.  Almost all of that effort is wasted, because you've
ALSO spent enormous amounts of effort breaking the default
configuration.

  Please start with the default configuration.  What you're using now
is so completely broken that it's simply too difficult to fix it.

  Then, configure the IP pool module.  Change NOTHING else in the
default configuration.

  Then, add a "users" file entry setting the pool name, and a password
for a test user.  See the FAQ.  Then test it.  Get THAT to work, and
then start working on LDAP, and everything else.

  Again, please stop trying so hard to break the default
configuration.  It's clear you're not familiar with the way the server
works, and that's OK.  But it means that you SHOULD NOT be making
massive edits to the default config, as you've been doing.  It's
causing nothing but problems.