Storing in SQL, Procedure call

Jackie Lau Jackie at ingenio.com
Tue Jun 6 09:01:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using freeradius with freetds and unixodbc.  I am having an issue
using a procedure call to insert to a Microsoft SQL Server.  When I try
to use the procedure call 'exec', I see the following errors:

radius_xlat:  'exec ***
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 8
query:  exec ***
rlm_sql_unixodbc: '00000 '
rlm_sql (sql): Couldn't update SQL accounting ALIVE record - 00000

But if I don't use a procedure call and use an insert command in its
place, it works just find.

radius_xlat:  'INSERT ****
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
  modcall[accounting]: module "sql" returns ok for request 6

My question is why can't I use a procedure call 'exec'?

Thanks!