Problem with Freeradius 1.1.2 & OpenLDAP 2.3.20

Nicolas Martin nmartin at ch-bourg01.fr
Tue Jun 6 09:13:42 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make Freeradius 1.1.2 work with OpenLDAP2.3.20 (I was
previously able to make it work perfectly with MySQL).

When I try to configure and compile Freeradius without any options, I
receive a "Segmentation Fault". When I try to configure it with --
with-rlm-ldap-lib-dir= ... & --with-rlm-ldap-include-dir= ... and
when I run the ./configure, I have the following error :

"checking for ldap_init in -lldap_r ... no
checking for ldap.h ... no
configure: warning : silently not building rlm_ldap
configure: warning : FAILURE : rlm_ldap requires libldap_r ldap.h"

I am sure my paths are correct, I am sure I have the file "ldap.h" in
my OpenLDAP/include dir and I have a "libldap_r" directory in my
OpenLDAP/libraries dir.

My Linux is a Mandrake 10.2

Any idea of what is wrong ? Is it a version problem and so, should I
try with older versions ? Did I miss something important ?

Any help is welcome,

Thanks,

Nicolas Martin

Ce courriel est envoyé au travers de l' interface IMP: ch-bourg01.fr
Ce message a été passé automatiquement à l' antivirus
This email have been sent through   Imap Mail Program: ch-bourg01.fr
This message have been scanned with an antivirus scanner